Science Fair Speech Prep
Science Fair Speech Review (through video): $50
- This review involves the student sending us a video of their science fair presentation and then we take notes about the strengths and weaknesses of the speech. We want this speech to be as succinct and clear as possible while also demonstrating the depth of knowledge that the student has gained through the project.
- This is a live 60 minute review where we work with the student in real time to improve their speech. This means that the student will be able to reinforce any changes to their speech with us and they will be able to ask any questions possible as well. If this speech is being prepped for a specific science competition, we can develop the speech to follow the format necessary.
- This is a live 60 minute session where we practice the entire judging experience with the student. The student will present their speech and then we will question their project. We will then make comments about the speech and the Q&A so that they can improve their abilities in both of these categories for science fair judging. The comments will then be discussed live with the student and as time allows, we will practice troublesome areas again.
Science Fair Speech Prep
Research Proposal Session: $25
- This is a 45 minute session where we work together to brainstorm a proposal for a local laboratory where you can conduct the research.
- We recognize that sometimes students may just want time to discuss their project, ideas and next steps with an experienced researcher and science fair alumnus. This is our most self-guided and open option where the student receives 45 minutes to ask any questions to us about their project or how to further improve their work.
- This is an asynchronous session where a 250-400 word abstract is reviewed and comments are made. Abstracts must be as succinct as possible especially with the 250 word limit given in most compeitions. We will help to make sure that every part of the project is demonstrated within that small space.
- This is an asynchronous session where the research paper if fully reviewed and comments are made to analyze the paper and how it can be improved. This is for a singular iteration of comments to be made. The focus will be on creating a through paper that can be held to the standards of peer-reviewed journal. If the student has a specific journal that they are aiming to be published in, we can work to follow those guidelines and develop a paper that follows those specifications.
- This option involved an asynchronous session where the research paper is reviewed prior to a live 30 minute video meeting where we review the paper together with the student. By going over the paper with the student, we want to ensure that any errors in the paper are not repeated both for this paper and for any other papers written in the future.
- This is an asynchronous poster review session where we evaluate the poster and make comments for any possible improvements. This is for a singular iteration of comments to be made. This review is centered around the traditional science fair judging session that involves a poster presentation. The goal is to make the poster as clear and obvious to the judges as possible while also not being overwhelming.
Full Research Paper and Poster Review: $130
- The research paper is reviewed by us two times (one initial review with comments followed by the student editing the paper to fit those comments and then a secondary review). The poster is reviewed by us twice as well (one initial review with comments followed by the student editing the poster to fit those comments and then a secondary review)
- This includes an asynchronous research paper review, a poster review and a mock judging session for a reduced price to the student! It also allows us to work constantly with the student and help direct their growth throughout their science fair journey.
- This includes a research paper review with video, a poster review, a science fair speech video review and a mock judging session. This is our biggest package that we offer and it is a fully inclusive package that involves all the facets of science fair - so it is inclusive of all that is reviewed during science fair!
- This is a package that involved 4 mock judging sessions that can be spread out through a 12 month period as necessary. By choosing this package, there is a significant price discount offered to the student as well.